Remember the last time you “listened” to a public speaker with your head bent over your BlackBerry? You managed to get some work done, but imagine how the speaker felt! Don’t let that happen to you! Learn to use your voice to captivate your audience and deliver your message effectively. Bonnie Gross will lead this interactive session, offering tips and tools to ensure that your next presentation won’t be delivered to a sea of bowed heads. Bonnie is a speech language pathologist and a professional trainer focusing on fearless public speaking, voice, language training and communication skills.
Five Good Resources:
- Jones, Chuck. Make Your Voice Heard: An Actor’s Guide to Increased Dramatic Range Through Vocal Training. Watson-Guptill Publications, 1996.
- Gottstein, Deb and Buzz Mauro. Taking Centre Stage: Masterful Public Speaking Using Acting Skills You Never Knew You Had. Berkley Books, 2001.
- Ashley, Joy. Overcoming Stage Fright in Everyday Life. Three Rivers Press, 1996.
- Maisel, Eric. Fearless Presenting: A Self-Help Workbook for Anyone Who Speaks, Sells, or Performs in Public. Watson-Guptill Publications, 1997.
- Lowndes, Leil. How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships. McGraw Hill, 2003.