Maytree thinks that when human rights are protected, individuals and communities experience less poverty and we create a society that is inclusive, equitable and prosperous. We also believe that everyone can and should have a role in building and strengthening the communities where they live.
Who may apply?
- Registered charities that have an explicit mandate and a track record of at least three years in reducing poverty in large urban centres in Canada and building strong civic communities.
What do we not fund?
- Support for an individual
- General fundraising campaigns
- Equipment purchases
- Building or renovation costs
- Capital campaigns or endowments
- Partisan political activities
- Religious activities
- Conferences and workshops
- Programs and services which are part of the government’s mandate
There is no set deadline to submit grant applications.
If you have any questions, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.