Maytree believes that when human rights are protected, individuals and communities experience less poverty and we create a society that is inclusive, equitable and prosperous. We also believe that everyone can and should have a role in building and strengthening the communities where they live.
Who may apply?
- Registered charities that have an explicit mandate and a track record of at least three years in reducing poverty in large urban centres in Canada and building strong civic communities.
What do we not fund?
- Support for an individual
- General fundraising campaigns
- Equipment purchases
- Building or renovation costs
- Capital campaigns or endowments
- Partisan political activities
- Religious activities
- Conferences and workshops
- Programs and services which are part of the government’s mandate
There is no set deadline to submit grant applications.
To learn more about the activities we fund, please read about completed grants.
If you have any questions, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.