Maytree recognizes that when we lift people out of poverty and protect their basic human rights, we promote a society that is efficient, innovative and prosperous. We believe that everyone can and should have an important role in building and strengthening urban communities in Canada.
If you have an exciting idea to make people become engaged and integrated, and help break the poverty cycle, we want to hear from you.
Who may apply?
- Registered charities
- Organizations that have an explicit mandate and a track record of at least three years in combatting poverty and building strong civic communities
- Projects in large urban centres in Canada with significant populations of marginalized communities
What do we not fund?
- Support for an individual
- General fundraising campaigns
- Equipment purchases
- Building or renovation costs
- Capital campaigns or endowments
- Partisan political activities
- Religious activities
- Legal challenges
- Conferences and workshops
- Programs and services which are part of the government’s mandate
As we have a rolling approach, there is no set deadline to submit grant applications.
If you have any questions, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.