Maytree believes that immigrants and refugees can play a significant role in building and strengthening Canada – in particular its urban communities.
If you have an exciting, new idea on how to better integrate new arrivals to Canada, we want to hear from you.
Grants are provided to not-for-profit, charitable organizations:
- To test new ways of addressing the needs of immigrants and refugees and accelerating their settlement in Canada.
- To enable immigrants and refugees to have more of a voice on issues that concern them.
- To contribute to the research and development of progressive immigration policy.
Grants are generally not provided:
- To organizations whose primary focus is not related to immigrants and refugees but to the wider community (e.g. health, environmental and housing projects).
- To provide basic, essential services to immigrants and refugees.
- To simply build the capacity of not-for-profit organizations, unless such activity can be shown to directly benefit refugees and immigrants.