Maytree believes that immigrants and refugees can play a significant role in building and strengthening Canada – in particular its urban communities.
If you have an exciting idea on how to better integrate new arrivals to Canada, we want to hear from you.
Grants are provided to not-for-profit, charitable organizations:
- To test new ways of addressing the needs of immigrants and refugees and accelerating their settlement in Canada.
- To enable immigrants and refugees be heard on issues that concern them.
- To research and develop progressive immigration policy.
Grants are generally not provided:
- To organizations whose primary focus is not related to immigrants and refugees but to the wider community (e.g. health, environmental and housing projects).
- To provide basic, essential services to immigrants and refugees.
- To simply build the capacity of not-for-profit organizations, unless such activity can be shown to directly benefit refugees and immigrants.