Careers at Maytree
Thank you for your interest in working at Maytree.
Current job opportunity
Maytree has been working since 1982 to advance systemic solutions to poverty. In our work we take a human rights approach to addressing the systems that create poverty with the ultimate goal of having social and economic rights safeguarded for all people living in Canada.
We are looking for a communications coordinator. This is a 12-month contract position (maternity leave replacement) and the candidate will work as part of the communications team while supporting other teams and some grantee organizations.
Your main responsibilities are:
Event and program outreach
- Promote monthly Five Good Ideas sessions with our network and grantees
- Promote other Maytree programs and projects
- Write and post social media messages, working with team leads
- Support senior managers with their social media postings as needed
- Work with Maytree’s designer to create impactful social media images
- Maintain list of organizations we engage with and monitor what’s said (including participants of Maytree programs)
- Support grantees as they set up their own social media programs and promote their social media campaigns
Analytics to measure communications impact
- Maintain Maytree’s publication dashboard (monthly)
- With communications director, put together and publish quarterly impact report
- Provide backend support for Maytree webinars
- Provide technical support for the Maytree Policy School program, other Maytree programs and online events
- Put together daily news headlines
- Monitor mention of Maytree in the news, add to Salesforce, and flag with relevant staff
- Provide backup support for our podcast productions, including writing show notes, recording small segments, and posting episodes
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have strong writing skills
- Be well versed with social media
- Be able to work with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and online meeting technology such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Be comfortable to work both independently and collaboratively
Salary range: $45,000-50,000
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in this position by Monday, July 26, 2021 to Vali Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is selected to proceed to the next stage, you will be invited for an interview.
Maytree is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations with the application process, please reach out to Vali. Nothing disclosed in this process will be communicated to the hiring team without your consent.