Five Good Ideas
Five Good Ideas about how to grow as a leader and engage your staff in an environment of constant change
Published on 18/10/2013
There comes a point in our career when the best way to figure out how we are doing as leaders is to step back and ask ourselves a few key questions. Having all the answers is less important than knowing what to ask. This session engages you to reflect on how you lead, and think about how you would like to grow as a leader. You will also hear ideas to develop the next generation of leaders and talent during times of constant change and shifting job descriptions.
Five Good Ideas
- Critical questions for leaders
- Development plan
- Hold “stay conversations”
- High impact recognition idea
- Leadership hot-seat exercise
- What to Ask the Person in the Mirror by Robert S Kaplan
- Accelerating Global Millennials to Be Future Leaders by Glem Dias and Eileen Springer. Part of the book: Integrated Talent Management Scorecards by American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
- Everyday Creativity Video by Dewitt Jones
- Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team, A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers and Facilitators by Patrick Lencioni
Glem Dias is an award winning Talent and Leadership Development Strategist. He has led full life cycle talent implementations at Fortune 500 and mid-size organizations. Glem is a Program Director, Talent Management at the Schulich Executive Education Centre and also runs his independent talent practice, and has also served on several governmental and not-for-profit advisory committees. He is the recipient of: 2008 Pitney Bowes Impact Award for diversity leadership; 2009 Talent Management Award and 2010 Innovation in Employer Branding Award by the HRPA; 2011 Top 25 Canadian Immigrants Award. Glem is a regular keynote speaker at leading Talent Management conferences and facilitates workshops on a global basis. His work is being published by the American Society of Training & Development.