Maytree Policy School
Beginning in January 2019, the 6-month Toronto-based program will support 20-25 policy leaders to become more effectively engaged in the policy process by providing:
- opportunities to learn from public policy leaders working in the non-profit sector, public service, politics, and think tanks;
- a multi-disciplinary environment for participants to learn a range of skills that will help them influence policy;
- an engaging and interactive learning environment that involves a combination of workshops and in-person activities; and
- a series of activities to guide participants through developing a policy strategy for their organization.
Participants will complete the program with a strategy on how their organization can move effectively influence public policy.
The core of Maytree Policy School includes six in-person learning sessions, including:
- Opening retreat/ policy fundamentals (January 14, 15, 16, 2019)
- Understanding the policy process (February 21-22, 2019)
- Connecting to process and monitoring change (March 21-22, 2019)
- Using research and evidence in policy (April 24-25, 2019)
- Communicating your policy story (May 23-24, 2019)
- Implementing your policy strategy (June 13-14, 2019)
The January session is an overnight retreat.
Sessions from February – June will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Toronto.
Participating organizations will be required to pay a $500 registration fee.
Need more information?
Contact Tina Edan, Lead, Maytree Policy School