Five Good Ideas on working with Ombudsman Toronto for positive change
Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with respect. But what if you or your community feel that you’ve experienced unfairness when dealing with or accessing City of Toronto services? Ombudsman Toronto makes sure the City of Toronto treats all members of the public equitably and fairly.
In this session, the City of Toronto’s Ombudsman Kwame Addo will present his five ideas on how you can work with his office to bring about positive change in your community.
Five Good Ideas
- Don’t settle for less than what is fair
- Use complaints as catalysts for positive change
- Address problems before they arise
- Build meaningful, collaborative relationships
- Monitor, follow up, and adjust
- Toronto Metropolitan University’s The Impact of Ombudsman Investigations on Public Administration: A Case Study and an Evaluation Guide
- Ombudsman Toronto’s Defining Fairness Handbook
- Ombudsman Toronto’s Investigation into the City’s Clearing of Encampments in Summer 2021
- Ombudsman Ontario’s The Right to be Impatient.
- About Ombudsman Toronto brochure